The Baden Storytellers’ Guild began in 1989 as one of the services offered by The Story Barn in Baden. It was a direct response to interest expressed by participants in workshops offered by Mary-Eileen McClear, the Founder and Director of The Story Barn.
While the initial goal was to have a time and place to hone storytelling skills, the Guild soon began to accept and seek out engagements which would take storytelling into the Community.
- 2012 The Guild recorded Voices in The Trees cd
- 2011- present. Partnership formed with Waterloo Region Museum which welcomes Guild members as part of March Break programming and allows them to present a World Storytelling Day concert in the Museum’s Theatre
- 2002 – present. The Guild provides storytelling at the Heart & Hand Festival, Joseph Schneider Haus, Kitchener
- Maycourt, Steckle Farm, Kids Link and other community groups have called upon the Guild to provide entertainment through the years
- The Guild has performed at the Toronto and St. Marys Storytelling Festivals
In 2012 local regulations made it no longer feasible to keep The Story Barn going as a public venue. Luckily the Waterloo Community Arts Centre, a.k.a. Button Factory Arts, in Waterloo, offered us a wonderful home under its roof.